If you are looking for a dentist for your child, Kool Smiles is a great choice. At Kool Smiles, we understand that what children need from a dentist is different than what adults need, and our offices are designed with that in mind.
When you walk into any Kool Smiles office, you and your child will be greeted by cheerful decor, a friendly staff, and a waiting area that doubles as a play room.
Below are some common factors to consider when looking for a dentist:
1. Payment options. Taking your child to a dentist that is out of your network or does not accept your insurance can cost you a lot of money out-of-pocket. Kool Smiles accepts most major insurance plans, including Medicaid, TRICARE, SCHIP, state-specific providers, and other forms of payment.
2. Hours. You may not always be available to take your child to the dentist during normal business hours, and toothaches can happen at anytime. To help your child get the dental care they need, when they need it, almost all of our locations are open throughout the week and on Saturdays.
3. Location. With over 120 locations nationwide, finding a Kool Smiles in your neighborhood is simple. If you ever move, we make the process of changing your primary Kool Smiles office easy. Simply call your new Kool Smiles location (preferably a week in advance) and tell them that you are a current Kool Smiles patient who has recently moved to a new location.
4. Comfort. For young children, the dentist can be a scary place. At Kool Smiles, we want to make your children as comfortable as possible. We have playgrounds and toys in our waiting rooms, and we allow parents in the treatment room to keep their kids comfortable during an appointment.
5. Patient Satisfaction. In a recent survey, 97% of Kool Smiles patients said they would refer us to friends and family and that they would return to us for dental treatment.
Find a Kool Smiles location near you or call us today to make an appointment for your child.
Your child may experience all sorts of severe dental problems if he or she doesn’t maintain good oral health. Kids’ dental problems can be caused by tooth decay, thumb sucking, and…Read Full Article
If you’re looking for a good pediatric dentist near you, consider bringing your child to Kool Smiles. All of our dentists are experienced in treating children and some of our…Read Full Article
If it is time for your child’s first dentist appointment, you may be wondering whether you should see a pediatric dentist or general dentist. The answer depends on the type…Read Full Article
Getting kids to brush their teeth can be a challenge and daily flossing can be even more difficult. By using various activities, you can show kids that flossing can be…Read Full Article
A pedodontist (also known as a pediatric dentist) is a dentist that specializes in childhood dental health and care. If you're unsure whether your child needs to see a pedodontist dentist,…Read Full Article
It’s never too early to start teaching your kids how to take care of their teeth, and tooth brushing worksheets are a great way for them to learn. By starting…Read Full Article
When your child gets a tooth removed, it’s normal for some bleeding to occur to help form a clot that will slow down the bleeding. However, if your child continues…Read Full Article
Kids’ dental activities can accomplish two things. First, they help teach kids about dental health, including brushing, flossing, and other good habits that will give them a lifetime of healthy smiles.…Read Full Article
TRICARE is government insurance for active and retired military families and reservists. The dental benefits are served through a Preferred Dentist Program (PDP) administered by MetLife. Kool Smiles is part of the…Read Full Article
Dental emergencies are never convenient, and it can be very stressful for you when they happen to your children. If the emergency is serious and possibly life-threatening, you should call 911 right…Read Full Article
Choosing dental insurance—especially if you are buying an individual policy—can be confusing. Some plans have co-pays, while others have fees for services. With some plans, you can choose your own…Read Full Article